FORDPASS CONNECTS WITH YOU
September 8, 2020
Welcome to the World of Ford Connectivity
It starts with the FordPass App* on your mobile device, which when linked to a vehicle fitted with a FordPass Connect embedded modem*, unlocks a new world of services conveniently available in the palm of your hand. You can experience this in the 2020.5MY Transit Commercial Vehicle Range, 2020.75MY Ranger and Ranger Raptor as well as the 2020.75MY Everest arriving from July 2020 onwards. You can view our new stock here and explore which models come equipped with FordPass.
Discover the benefits of FordPass and vehicles fitted with an embedded modem
Conveniently use your mobile device to make sure your doors are locked or unlocked without being anywhere near your vehicle.
Check your vehicle’s exact location in the FordPass App, which is particularly useful if you share your vehicle with one or more members of your household or if you have forgotten where you parked it.
Minutes before leaving, you can start your connected vehicle’s engine from your mobile device in order to heat or cool the cabin using the last known climate control setting.
Check key variables such as fuel level and odometer on the FordPass App to help plan your journey.
Vehicle Health Alerts
The FordPass App capability extends to Vehicle Health Alerts, which can be sent directly to your mobile device, preempting service needs and general maintenance such as low washer ﬂuid.
FordPass Connect Arrives In Australia, With Ford Ranger, Everest And Transit Leading Connectivity Push, FordPass App Now In App Stores
- FordPass Connect has arrived in Australia with FordPass Connect-equipped Ford Rangers, Everests and Transits in showrooms this month, ahead of being standardised across the entire Ford line-up with each new model year release.
- When FordPass Connect Modem and App are paired, the ‘connected car’ experience enables key features including Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Start (auto only), Vehicle Status and Remote Vehicle Monitoring, Live Traffic Updates, Vehicle Locator and Vehicle Health Alerts.
- FordPass smartphone app simplifies the ownership experience, with easy access to key vehicle information including warranty details and owner manual, roadside assistance contact number, and online service booking (at participating dealers).
Australian customers can now experience FordPass Connect, with the first ‘connected’ Ford Rangers, Transits and Everests arriving in dealerships across the country. The FordPass Connect embedded modem pairs with the FordPass smartphone app to unlock a range of new connected servicesi.
“FordPass Connect is another way we’re bringing smart, simple-to-use real-world technology into the hands of Ford owners and their families,” said Kay Hart, President and CEO, Ford Australia and New Zealand. “FordPass Connect makes life simpler and easier, and as our best-selling vehicles in Australia, we’ve chosen Ranger, Everest and Transit as the first to offer this innovative technology as standard.”
The FordPass app is now available for download free of charge for Apple and Android devices, with immediate benefits for customers with compatible Ford models. In addition to rolling out on Ranger, Everest and Transit this month, going forward, all Ford new model year releases will arrive fitted with FordPass Connect, with full line-up coverage to be achieved by early 2021.
“Whether you’re a young family, small business or just like the convenience, FordPass Connect can really make so many day-to-day tasks easier,” said Christine Wagner, Mobility and Connectivity Manager, Ford Australia.
In addition to FordPass Connect, every new Ford model release will include a comprehensive suite of technology for a seamless, convenient vehicle experience. This includes SYNC 3, enabling Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, voice-activated sat-nav as well as Autonomous Emergency Braking across the entire Ford line-up.
FordPass: joining the dots so you don’t have to
When used together, key features of FordPass and FordPass Connect include:
- Vehicle Status and Remote Vehicle Monitoring: Through the FordPass app’s Vehicle Status feature, owners can check their vehicle’s key variables including fuel level, tyre pressures (where digital read-out tyre pressure monitoring system is fitted) and mileage through the convenience of their smartphone.
- Remote Start and Stopii: Using the FordPass app, drivers can start their vehicle’s engine from home, the office or elsewhere via smartphone, enabling the vehicle’s cabin to commence heating or cooling to the last known setting. This helps ensure a cool, comfortable interior on a hot Australian summer day, or a de-iced, warmed and inviting vehicle in winter. The vehicle is ready to be driven once the driver arrives with the key.
- Remote Lock and Unlock: Drivers can lock and unlock their Ford remotely, meaning they don’t have to rush back to their cars to check if they have remembered to lock their doors. This also allows drivers to let passengers into their vehicle regardless of whether they are there or not.
- Live Traffic Updatesiii : The Live Traffic Update capability delivers ongoing, instant traffic updates to provide more accurate, convenient navigation in congested areas. It includes comprehensive traffic information, and offers an alternate route when detecting congestion and heavy traffic conditions.
- Vehicle Locatoriv : Courtesy of a map and location tracker in the FordPass app, drivers can find their way back to their vehicle in a busy parking area without the need to remember exactly where they parked it. This is even more convenient where you share your vehicle with one or more members of your household.
- Vehicle Health Alerts: The FordPass app capability extends to Vehicle Health Alerts, which can be sent directly to a smart device pre-empting service needs, general maintenance such as a washer fluid low alert, and more. The alert is designed to identify specific issues and even recommend a course of action.
iiRemote Start and Stop on Automatic variants only. Use responsibly and only in well ventilated areas where you are aware of your vehicle’s surroundings.
iiiLive Traffic is included with FordPass Connect for the first three years, starting on the Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty start date, and is only available on models equipped with embedded SYNC 3 Satellite Navigation. On Transit vehicles, Live Traffic not available before October 2020.
ivVehicle locator only available when Vehicle Location setting is on.